Carrot Cake Roll
Do you like carrot cake? How about a giant carrot cake roll? This recipe is so much fun to make and it's perfect for any occasion. Plus, the presentation is always impressive! You're going to love this recipe. Trust me!
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¾ cups finely grated carrots
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- 5 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º F, line a 10*15 inch cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spray the non-stick cooking spray on parchment paper in the cookie sheet/pan.
- Take a mixing bowl and mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Take another blending bowl and beat the eggs rapidly for 5 minutes until thickened and foamy. Again beat for 1 minute at high speed after adding the vanilla and sugar.
- Add dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until completely mixed then add the finely grated carrots and mix gently.
- Spread the cake batter thoroughly into pre-arranged cookie sheet/cake pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350º F
- Take and clean the kitchen towel and pour powdered sugar on it - use a half cup of powdered sugar. Take the cake out of the oven and turn over the cake onto the prepared towel and peel away the parchment paper.
- Fold the end of the towel over one of the short ends of the cake. Roll the cake up into the towel, starting at the short end. Cool the cake for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Prepare the frosting while the cake is cooling. Mix the cream, cheese, and butter with a mixer until smooth. Mix again after adding the vanilla extract and powdered sugar.
- Unroll the cooled cake roll, spread the frosting onto the cake completely. Again roll the cake smoothly and put it on a plate.
- Cool the cake roll in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Sprinkle the powdered sugar before serving.
Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 164mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 4314IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 1mg