Cranberry Spice Layer Cake
The spice cake is a tradition that never goes out of style. This is the best Christmas Spice Cake for your family celebration! You will love how each bite brings an exciting new sensation from five distinctive spices that complement one another to make this wintertime dessert truly special.
SPICES TO USE
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/3 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground anise
- ¼ teaspoon ground clove
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ¾ cup granulated sugar 350 grams
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter 200 grams
- 1 ½ cup buttermilk 350 ml
- 2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour 400 grams
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons milk (can be plant-based) 45 ml
For the Forsting
- Cold heavy whipping cream 200 grams
- Philadelphia cheese 225 gram
- Powdered sugar 150 grams
- 1/3 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Fresh sugar-coated cranberries or without sugar, it is up to you (60 grams)
LET'S MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C). Grease and line the base and sides of three 7 inches (18 cm) cake tins.
- In a large bowl whisk together: flour, cocoa, soda, baking powder, espresso powder, salt, spices, and sugar. In a small pot melt butter. Set aside.
- Take a separate bowl and combine all the wet ingredients: eggs, buttermilk, milk, vanilla extract, and honey.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients until no mass remain. Add melted butter. Mix just until combined.
- Split the batter equally between the 3 tins. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean, at 355°F (180°C).
- Take it out of the oven and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack, before assembling the cake.
- You'll start by creaming heavy cream until light and fluffy on high speed with a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (for 6-8 minutes).
- Cut into cubes your favorite type of cream cheese, add it and mix it for 1 minute on medium speed until blended. Once blending is complete scrape the downsides of the bowl and add cinnamon, sugar, salt, and mix for one more minute.
- Now split the frosting into 1 larger and 2:3 smaller parts.
ARRANGE THE CAKE
- Firstly, place the first cake on the cake stand. Put a smaller serving of frosting on top of it.
- Secondly, put 2nd cake add another serving of frosting and top it up with third cake.
- Lastly, put the biggest serving of frosting on the top and garnish with cranberries or with your favorite fruit.
- With the cream cheese frosting, in this case, you must store it airtight and refrigerate. You can eat it up to 3 days from now
- Calories 703Kcal
Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate.