Lemon Pound Cake Muffins
Do you love pound cake? How about muffins? If you answered yes to both of those questions, then you're going to love lemon pound cake muffins.
They are the perfect combination of two classic baked goods. Best of all, they are really easy to make. You only need a few simple ingredients, and in just a few minutes, your kitchen will be filled with the delicious aroma of fresh muffins. So why not give them a try today?
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- Half cup sour cream
- Half cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Half teaspoon lemon extract
- Half teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Take a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one by one and beat well after each addition. Then add sour cream. Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda, then mix dry and wet mixtures.
2. Take a greased muffin pan and put paper-lined muffin cups filled three-fourths full. Bake them at 400 degrees until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
3. Cool them for 5 minutes after removing them from the oven. Mix the glazing ingredients and sprinkle over muffins. Now serve them happily.
1 muffin: 311 calories | 10g fat (6g saturated fat) | 63mg cholesterol
218mg sodium | 51g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber) | 3g protein.