Praline Bundt Cake
This praline cake recipe is a real show-stopper! It's impressive, but not too difficult to make, and the results are always delicious. If you're looking for something special to serve at your next party or get together, definitely give this recipe a try.
Sugary Pecans (optional):
- 1 large egg white
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Take a large bowl, beat egg white until foamy. Add pecan halves stir gently. Mix sugar and brown sugar add it to the sugar mixture and stir gently.
- Prepare the greased cake pan, pour the batter in it and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Take another bowl and mix butter, cream, and brown sugar until light fluffy. Add eggs one by one and beat thoroughly then add vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix them properly. Then stir in chopped pecans.
- Take a greased bundt pan and pour the prepared batter into it. Bake at 325 degrees at 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, add brown sugar, milk, and butter. After boiling it remove it from heat, mix confectioners sugar and vanilla and sprinkle it over the cake.
1 slice: 559 calories, 31g fat (17g saturated fat) | 124mg cholesterol | 305mg sodium | 65g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 1g fiber) | 6g protein.