Red Velvet Cake Recipe
You know when you're in the kitchen and all of a sudden something smells like Christmas? That's what it feels like every time I eat this red velvet cake. It has a unique flavor that is unlike any other kind, not too sweet but rich enough to make my taste buds happy without feeling weighed down after one piece!
If you are looking for an amazing recipe to make your Christmas amazing then this gorgeous and delicious red velvet cake will be the perfect addition to your Christmas celebration.
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 bottles (1 ounce each) red food coloring
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, cream together, and sugar for 5-7 minutes until light and fully. Add eggs one by one and beat well after each addition. Add food coloring, vanilla, and vinegar.
- Take another bowl and mix flour, baking soda, cocoa, and salt. Mix it in an already prepared wet mixture and then add buttermilk and mix properly.
- Prepare two cake pans 9" by greasing them slightly. Pour the batter into cake pans and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Before removing from the pans cool both layers for 10 minutes.
- Tip for baking: Insert a toothpick in the center of the cake if it comes out clean take the cake out of the oven.
- Over medium heat combine cornstarch and water in a pan. For 2-3 minutes stir them until thick.
- Beat vanilla and batter to make them light and fluffy.
- Mix both mixtures with a beater. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beat until light and fluffy.
- Frosting material is ready. Now spread it on top of one layer and put another layer on it. Spread frosting material on top of the second layer and sides properly.
- The cake is ready, put in the refrigerator, and serve it.
1 Slice: 595 calories, Fat: 34g, Cholesterol: 115mg, Sodium: 564mg, Carbohydrate: 71g, Sugars: 52g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 4g